SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

What a Drastic Change in Hairstyle Means

Whenever I’m faced with a certain dilemma or whenever I find myself in a situation wherein I don’t have control over, the first thing that comes to my mind is a need for change. And oftentimes, I associate change with a new hairstyle.

It was not long ago that I had a haircut. I think my last trip to the salon was about a month ago. The cut was quite drastic because I had my hair snipped above my shoulders with a semi asymmetric style. My hair used to be long and layered and often tied in a pony tail. I have been sporting this look for the longest time and I thought that I needed a change so I’ve decided to finally part ways with my scrunchies and headed to the salon to get myself a new ‘do.

I admit that a lot has been going through my mind lately…thinking about a lot of things like love, work, family, the future. I thought that this was another opportunity to get a haircut! So I went to the neighboring Piandre Salon in Salcedo early this morning at around 9 AM. It was disappointing to learn that their Stylist would be coming in at a later time. I don’t wanna waste my time waiting so I decided to just check out their branch in Greenbelt 1. Luckily, there were already Stylists available. Told Joey -the Stylist- that my cut is semi asymmetric and I wanted to have the back part to be a “little” higher and just maintain the length of the front part. I saw that he clearly understood my instruction so I just busied myself by flipping through the pages of Hello and People. When I saw a significant amount of hair fell into the magazine that I’m reading, I immediately switched my gaze at the mirror and saw Joey happily snipping away. Before I knew it, he already made my hair super short at the back. Waaah! Clearly not what I expected my hair to look like. But upon further examination and with some reassuring words from Joey, I realized that it didn’t look bad after all. I thought...this was really what I wanted…change!

The salon is definitely one of my places of refuge whenever I'm feeling down and depressed. It is a perfect venue to cut the past and allowing myself to face life anew, that's why the next time you see me sporting a new 'do, you already know what it means. ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment