SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

From Sunny to Faded Yellow

“Your worst fear has been confirmed.” was a friend’s YM message to me. I stared blankly at her message hoping that she’d take her statement back, that it was just a joke. But after 5 minutes of no follow up statement whatsoever, I began to realize that what she told me was true. I could not believe that this giddy feeling that I’m experiencing would be cut short just like that. She told me that she knew that the news would definitely sadden me but she had to tell me nevertheless. It did hurt and it even brought some mist into my eyes but what can I do? There’s no choice but to accept the truth. I appreciate the fact that I learned about it this early than later when a lot has been invested already, emotional investment, that is.

Apart from accepting the painful truth, I guess I should also learn to draw the line. Guarding and not allowing myself to fall for any tricky trap. As a moving on mantra, I found this line from Coldplay’s song "Yellow" to be the most fitting and the most relatable.

“I drew a line...I drew a line for you…Oh what a thing to do… And it was all yellow..”

0 comments:

Post a Comment